The Film Centre of Montenegro is a public institution, established in 2017, to improve and develop the Montenegrin cinematography.
The Film Centre is committed to:
- providing conditions for the establishment of the film production and co-production cooperation;
- creating conditions for the promotion, presentation, and integration of contemporary film production into the regional and international flows;
- creating favourable conditions for increasing the number and scope of the foreign filmmaking in Montenegro;
- developing regulations and creating conditions for inciting business environment and the development of cinematography;
- participating in the programmes of the European Union and the Council of Europe in the area of cinematography, as well as the implementation of activities arising from the membership in European and global associations; creating conditions for collecting earmarked funds for financing cinematography through the film fund;
- suppressing illegal turnover and the use of cinematographic works;
- improving measures and activities for the protection of children and youth, gender equality and respect for the diversity of members of minorities and other minority national communities;
- implementing activities for the improvement of complementary activities;
- creating and maintaining a database of statistical data in the area of cinematography and performing other activities arising from the established public interest in cinematography, in accordance with this law and Memorandum of Association of the Centre.
The Film Centre is a member of the European Film Promotion, European Audiovisual Observatory, SEE Cinema Network, Eurimages and Film New Europe Initiative.